Our Vision and Values
"From Strong Foundations we grow and stand tall together". This vision statement is centred around the picture of the Kahikatea Tree which was selected because it is the tallest growing tree in our local Myross Bush area. It grows up to 60m tall and is also known as ‘white pine’. By using the image of the Kahikatea Tree, this helped inspire the development of our vision statement which draws on the context of being strong, confident and being prepared to stand above the crowd to be the best you can be!
Kotahitanga ~ "Getting along together."
Ngakau Tapatahi (integrity) ~ "Doing the right thing even when no one else is looking."
Whakapai Ake ~ "Be the best you can be."
Te Papa Atawhai ~ "Reduce, reuse, recycle and restore, replenish."
Our community have expressed the following beliefs in the way they wanted their children to be supported at Myross Bush School:
- Well supported, highly skilled and enthusiastic staff is our school’s most valuable resource.
- The diverse nature of individual children will be acknowledged and catered for.
- An acceptance that risk taking and making mistakes are part of learning.
- Children should take increasing responsibility for their learning to enable them to be life long learners.
- Children are more able to reach their potential in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
- Access to quality, relevant resources and facilities enhances learning.
- All students will be given the opportunities to gain knowledge and skills across all curriculum areas.
- A good grounding in Literacy and Numeracy will give children a sound basis for future learning.
- Positive working relationships between parents, staff, Board of Trustees, Friends of the School and the wider community will be promoted.
- An attractive and orderly environment inspires pride and a sense of achievement.