Do you have an internet filter protecting your children's devices? Consider the following FREE option provided by Network for Learning (N4L) which is a crown company that connects 99% of NZ schools to internet services through a safe managed network. Click on the image below to access the free 'Switch On Safety' filter.
"A digital citizen accepts and understands the rights and responsibilities of inhabiting ‘cyberspace’, including online safety."
- is a confident and capable user of information and communication technology (ICT)
- uses ICTs to participate in educational, cultural, and economic activities
- uses and develops critical thinking skills in cyberspace
- is literate in the language, symbols, and texts of ICTs
- is aware of ICT challenges and can manage them effectively
- uses ICT to relate to others in positive, meaningful ways
- demonstrates honesty and integrity and ethical behaviour in their use of ICTs
- respects the concepts of privacy and freedom of speech in a digital world
- contributes and actively promotes the values of digital citizenship.